Thursday, August 30, 2007

Life is a funny thing...

Life is a funny thing. It doesn't always turn out the way that you expect. People and things disappoint you. Things that you think should work out, don't. But there is always a silver lining. God always has something lined up for you. Right now I am not sure what that something is, but I am learning to trust more fully in God. Some days it is harder than others. But I keep praying and trusting that everything will work out.

If you haven't heard, I didn't get the job with Sporting News. I am somewhat disappointed, but I know that it will be okay. It was a chance at a job here in Charlotte and the odds were stacked against me: 350 applicants... 20 phone interviews... 7 face-to-face interviews... 1 job. Kind of felt like the odds of making it onto American Idol and I was one of the 7 finalists...


Growing up I never really cared about being #1 but now I am learning that the difference between being first and second has a greater consequence... like the difference between having or not having a job. Anyways I know that my life is in God's hands and he is in control. Things may not always work out how I expect, but I know without a doubt that they will work out in the best way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...