Friday, August 17, 2007

Recent Movies

We recently saw Spider Man 3, The Bourne Ultimatum and last night we saw Ocean's Thirteen. All were excellent movies.

We are on the cheap side, so we waited to see Spidey and Ocean's at the dollar theater. Bourne we decided to see last weekend at a matinee - then we were shocked to find out that matinee prices in CLT are now $7 which reinforces why we do not go to the real movies. It was nice to be in a nice, clean theater with good AC and comfy chairs and people that didn't talk as much.

 
I really liked Ocean's 13. I have to say that I was disappointed with 12, but 13 really came through. I really liked the cinematography, the story line and the chemistry between the characters.
 
  
I was also impressed with the Bourne Ultimatum - I think this was my favorite of the three... which is hard to say b/c the first 2 were really good. I saw somewhere that they filmed everything live on location and the actors did their own stunts. It was a great spy movie with non stop action that both Daniel and I enjoyed.
 
  
Spiderman was great, but what I expected for a comic book movie. I love all of the affects and the story was good.

Earlier this week, we watched An Unfinished Life on DVD. Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez all did a good job in this movie.

I am not a movie critic, but I know what I like and what I don't like and all of these movies make my like list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...