Friday, July 23, 2010

Keep Calm & Carry On

I need to:


but what I want to do is:


First was the problem with the insurance check for the roof/siding replacement {which I have mentioned before}. 

Then there was the porch repair, which we had completed on Monday. This actually was the only thing completed in a timely manner. BUT yesterday MY realtor came by and told me that since the cracks in the mortar were not filled, we still had a problem. So essentially, she only cared about the cosmetic side. We spent several thousand $$ to actually FIX the structure of the porch and then she wanted me to spend $150 to fill the cracks with mortar... had I known this, we might have just filled the gaps in the first placed, saved a lot of money and called it a day. We're not that kind of people though.

Then we had the window company tell us the WRONG day {they were off by a week}. So we are going to closing with windows that will be replaced AFTER the closing date - I think we are just forking out the money early to be held in escrow to pay the window company after the fact.

The roof replacement and movers are the only thing that has gone without a hitch.

Yesterday a crew to replace our siding was supposed to show up and didn't. They are here today and supposed to be finished by 7 at the latest. My realtor just called me to ask if I could get the siding crew to finish by 4PM. I told her that I had no control over that and that the roofers were here until 8PM the other night. Also, if we asked them to rush, chances are they would do a shoddy job and I am not ok with that. She told me it might push back the closing time. I said that was fine by me. She said it might not work for the buyer - whose realtor is she? 

Sometimes I feel like she is more about the buyer {them} than she is about the seller {us} and we are the ones paying her. We have bent over backwards to close on time {we essentially had 3 weeks after their inspection to pull all of this together}. I am tired and cranky and stressed and sore from cleaning floors. Can this be over with yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...