Monday, January 31, 2011

January Meals

Sometime during the first part of the month, I decided to start photographing the meals I made. I try to cook about 5 nights a week and photographing my meals has been great motivation.

I  have been debating if I wanted to include lots of recipes on my blog... for now I have decided to just post a weekly recap with links to recipes. To kick it off, here are the meals I made {and photographed} during the month of January. They are all pretty healthy with lots of veggies. 

Bon apetit.

Turkey, Vegetable & Orzo Soup
Recipe via

Tomato & Orzo Soup
Recipe via

Chipotle Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries

Pan-Seared Steak, Mushrooms, Baked Potato and Sauteed Asparagus

Southwestern Omelet with Chipotle Salsa

Maple Mustard Pork Chops with Maple Glazed Butternut Squash and Steamed Green Beans

Salmon with Red Peppers and Sugar Snap Peas
Recipe via

Barbecue Chicken Breast with Asparagus and a Salad

Chipotle Angus Burger with Homemade Fries

Roasted Vegetable Minestrone
Recipe via The Pioneer Woman

Beef Burrito

Spicy Lime Tilapia with Spinach and Asparagus

Steak Salad with Onion Straws
Variation of Pioneer Woman's Recipe

Chicken Parmesan with Sundried Tomato Sauce, Spaghetti and Sauteed Spinach
Recipe via Good Life Eats

Baked Grill Cheese Sandwich with Turkey and Tomato
Recipe via

 Hamburger, Bell Pepper, Mushroom and Red Onion Pizza

4 comments:

  1. Cheree,
    I'm a lurker that found you from Sarah's blog. I think we may have even gone to Harding together. (?) Anyway, just had to come out of hiding and tell you that your meals look great. I'm a total foodie and love seeing others' creations.

    I also love hearing about the books that you are reading. This is my first year to join the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge and so far I'm really enjoying it.

    Have a great day and keep the great posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Cat! I went to high school w/Sarah and then was at HU from 98-02, so it definitely possible we crossed paths!

    Thanks for the comment about my meals :)

    Good luck with the 52 Books - it is totally doable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was at HU from 8/97 to 12/00 so I'm sure we passed on the sidewalk at some point. I was in Regina and roomed with Sarah for awhile when they put a bunch of us girls over at Harding Place. Ah, the good old days. :-)

    It's nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...