Monday, May 09, 2011

Meal Recap

Last week's meals were as follows:

I was all about keeping things simple, healthy and delicious...

Monday Dinner: Due to the crazy storms last week, we packed up and headed to stay with family until power was restored. We found on on Monday morning that we finally had power at our house so we left Nashville and headed home. I attempted to go grocery shopping and learned that the Walmart in Scottsboro was still being partially powered by generators and there were basically no perishable items in the store. This meant no milk, no meat, no cheese. The produce was also significantly limited. When leaving Walmart I called Daniel to let him know the situation and we decided to try to grab a pizza from Papa John's. Unfortunately most of Scottsboro must have had the same idea. We scrapped the pizza idea and I grabbed dinner to go from Zaxby's.


Tuesday Dinner: I finally managed to find perishable items at the local Piggly Wiggly so I was able to make Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches with bell peppers and onions. Daniel gave this meal 4.7/5 stars and he doesn't even like roast beef.


Wednesday Dinner: Chicken Tender Salad. Since I cheated with the chicken and just heated up processed chicken tenders Daniel gave this salad 4.54/5 stars because he wasn't a huge fan of the "fake" meat.

Thursday Dinner: Frozen pizza – you need one night a week to stay at home but be lazy in the kitchen...


Friday Dinner: Tacos. Easy and yummy. I thought I had purchased the wider taco shells, but I didn't... next time I will pay better attention at the grocery store. Daniel gave it 4.73/5 stars.

Saturday Dinner: We went for a scenic drive/hike and stopped at McDonald's for burgers on the way home. We also made a detour to the local Dairy Bar for dessert. I was disappointed that they were out of Waffle Cones so I tried a Brownie Sundae instead. It was drenched in chocolate sauce and was so rich it was almost inedible. I like subtlety in my food. Daniel had better luck with his Peanut Butter Milk Shake. It was all very "small town USA" but I will have to go back and try a waffle cone with homemade ice cream before I give my verdict.

 

Sunday Dinner: After church, we stopped at Walmart to see if they had salmon in stock yet {this item was nowhere to be found earlier in the week}. They did, so we had Salmon with Corn on the Cob and Green Beans. Daniel gave 4.9/5 stars to the salmon; 4.7/5 to the beans and 4.2/5 to the corn (it was undercooked).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...