Thursday, June 30, 2011

Constipated Elephant

Monday evening I noticed that the water pressure at our house seemed a bit off. It was so low that I thought it might have been turned off. Funny thing is, we never actually lost water.

After dinner I was cleaning up and noticed that the water pressure had returned to normal but now the pipes were making a weird groaning sound – like when there is air in them. I mentioned the problem to Daniel and we both agreed that it was most likely air that just need to be flushed out.

Tuesday, the sounds were getting worse so Daniel called the water company and learned that there had been some type of water problem in Scottsboro that led to us having the low water pressure and now the air the pipes. They assured us that the noises would dissipate in a couple of days.

It is now Thursday and the sounds are worse than ever. Every time we turn on the water, the pipes sound like a constipated elephant {Daniel's words}. We are getting a bit concerned as it is getting louder. I also think I heard the noise at least twice in the middle of the night when no water should have been running {though it is possible that the ice maker in the fridge was working and caused the sounds}. I just hope that one of our pipes doesn't break. That would be an absolute disaster.

*Update: Daniel went under the house and played with the pressure valves while I stood in the hall bathroom and turned the water on and off. And on and off. And on and off. You get the picture. We think the problem is fixed. No more constipated elephants in the household...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...