Friday, June 03, 2011

Quechee Gorge


After our long day of hiking we opted to sleep in and take it easy. Over breakfast we discussed what we learned about hiking Mount Washington and what we could do better in the future.


For lunch we made our way to Dana's By the Gorge. After reviewing the menu, we asked our server how big the burgers were. He said "big" so we decided to split the Danaburger. Unfortunately our server's idea of "big" and our idea of "big" are not the same.


Since the burger was not as big as we anticipated, we opted to try the Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp for dessert – Daniel had never heard of rhubarb before and now he is a fan.

Dana's By The Gorge on Urbanspoon

Overall, we really enjoyed Dana's.

After eating we made our way down to the Quechee Gorge to view "Vermont's Little Grand Canyon." I feel like every state tries to claim their own version of the grand canyon... 


It is a pretty canyon that is best viewed from the bridge. You can hike about a mile alongside it, but we were content with the bridge view {we get a break since we just climbed Mount Washington}.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...