Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thankful for: Old Friends

If you are like us, you might have moved more than once in your adult life. While moving can be difficult, I am thankful for the opportunity to make new friends. I am also thankful that occasionally we get the opportunity to reconnect with old friends {though this happens less than we would like}.


Yesterday, we needed to make a brief trip to the Nashville area to pick up new tires for Daniel's car. We decided that it would be a good time to squeeze in a quick visit with longtime friends, Matt and Melissa. Matt and Daniel have known each other since they were teenagers and Matt was also the best man in our wedding.

Matt and Melissa have two precious kids: Zeke and Ella. Zeke is about 2 years older than Jack. Interestingly this is a similar age gap that Matt and Daniel share. I love to see these little guys play together. It was nice to meet Ella for the first time as well. I can't believe how small a 6-month-old baby feels in my arms! She is such a content girl and has the sweetest smiles.


Matt and Daniel had a good visit – Matt even convinced Daniel to help him hang some siding! And Melissa and I enjoyed catching up as well.

Being able to keep in touch with all of our many friends, both near and far, has been such a blessing in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...