Monday, May 19, 2014

Izzy's PreSchool Graduation


Last Thursday Jack and I drove to Nashville to visit some of my family for the weekend and to celebrate as Izzy, my niece, graduated from preschool. 


When I was growing up I have no recollection of graduating from anything except high school, but it was fun and sweet to mark this passage of time with my family.


There were seven graduates, all with big personalities. They sang songs for us and wore their cap and gowns proudly. There were video interviews that were hilarious. 


For Izzy's video interview, she shared that her family is getting ready to move to Florida. She also told the videographer who she was going to marry and described, in elaborate detail, a bruise she had. All of which had us laughing.


The kids also did a little play and Izzy was the main speaker. She did a wonderful job and didn't forget any of her lines. It is hard to believe she will be 5 in a few short weeks. Jack was thrilled that we got to eat cake after having to sit still for so long.


We are going to miss being able to buzz over to Nashville for quick visits with cousins once my sister and her family move to Florida, but we are looking forward to be able to visit Florida and make trips to the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...