Monday, July 27, 2015

Off the Grill II, a Revisit


Last year we tried a new restaurant on Signal Mountain called Off the Grill II. We had heard good things about it, but we had a disappointing experience and had not returned.

Recently some friends told us they had tried the BBQ and it was pretty good. So last Friday, when our local standby was packed, we decided to give it another chance.

I was a little concerned when we first walked in the door. The location is a really old house and it has a distinct old house smell to it. Jack (age 3) immediately plugged his nose and kept asking, "What is that smell?" I shushed him and let him pick our table. There are four rooms with seating to choose from. Incidentally he picked the same table we sat at before.

We quickly picked our entrees as our noses adjusted to the smell. I picked the Ribs and Daniel chose the Salmon. The plates were big enough that Jack just shared with us. The food was really delicious. My fried okra and baked beans had a smoky taste to them that paired nicely with the fall-off-the-bone ribs. The ribs were definitely some of the best I have tried and Daniel's salmon had good flavor as well.

Besides the smell of the restaurant, my only complaint is that they serve the food on plastic disposable plates and utensils. At $10-$15 per entree, it feels odd to eat on plastic.

The owner came by our table while we were eating. He was very friendly, making jokes with our two little ones. The restaurant has live music on Saturday nights and tables on the front porch. You can also get take out.

Overall, we felt like the food was good and we had a much better experience than our first visit.

Click to add a blog post for Off the Grill II on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...