Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Birthday Party Fun


Night Shift. Daniel is right in the middle of working 14 nights in a row. We are all doing the best we can to muddle through. 


Last week I did my best to get our boys out of the house in the morning as much as possible so that Daniel could sleep. 


Unfortunately (for Daniel) this morning we woke up to snow. Along with the snow, school is closed for the day as are several roads on our mountain. We are attempting to be quiet while being cooped up inside. 


Only 6 more nights to go...


It worked to our advantage that this past Saturday we had two birthday parties to attend. Jack had a blast and Isaac somehow managed even though he only had one one-hour nap. 


To start things off, we met up with friends at Air Bounce in the NorthGate Mall in Hixson. That place is really a little kid heaven. The kids had a ball bouncing and playing arcade games all morning. Isaac even managed to get in on some of the action.


We finished up with lunch at Chic-Fil-A in the mall before heading home to briefly see Daniel and then going to North Shore for party #2 at a local park.

 
The sun was out and the kids were all given paper airplanes to throw to their heart's content. By the end of the party the kids had mostly gotten the hang of throwing the airplanes and nobody wanted to leave.


Party #2 included a chocolate dirt cake and everyone got to make dirt cups, complete with gummy worms. My little boy was in heaven. The only thing that would have made this party better (for Jack) was if I had let him play in the mud. With temps in the 40s, wet mud was out of the question!



We have been so blessed to make such good friends since moving to Chattanooga. As for today, hopefully we can get some sledding before the snow melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...