Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Balance Studios Birthday Party


This past weekend we had the opportunity to attend a birthday party at the Balance Studios in Chattanooga. I have been following Balance Studio's Instagram account for some time, so I was thrilled about getting to check it out.


According to their website:
Balance was founded with the mission of increasing awareness and confidence in children through art and yoga. We have worked to create an environment that echoes the wonderful communal spirit of Chattanooga, where families and friends gather, grow, and learn together.

I wasn't sure what to expect, and on top of that Jack was going to be the only boy at the party, but it was a great experience.


The party kicked off with an art project, which Jack was a bit ambivalent about, instead wanting to play in the secret room under the stairs or explore the upstairs room.


After the art project, the kids ate pizza before heading upstairs for yoga that was adapted for kids. I was curious as to how that would go and it was really delightful.


The instructor lead the children through actions that followed a story line of searching for pirates. Jack ate it all up. The kids even got to walk a plank (a balance beam).


Teaching kids yoga by moving through a story is a fantastic way to learn and my preschooler ate it up.


After yoga we finished up with cake. It was a wonderful evening and definitely a fun place for a kid's birthday party.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...