Friday, September 26, 2008

What to say...

Have you ever had a day that was somehow both amazing and horrible all wrapped into one?

Today was like that for me.


It was a great day because we spent the day celebrating a great boss. It was awful because it was his last day as our boss.


We surprised him by showing up at his house, bright and early and making chocolate chip pancakes. We showered him with going away gifts of the nature that only employees that truly love their boss can give. We went to a go cart track where we raced to our heart's content (for 8 minutes). We ate, played Wii and shared jokes for the last time as a cohesive team.


Hopefully Ron will always be in our lives, but probably never in the same way again. I feel so blessed to have worked so closely with such a talented group of people, being led by such a great leader. I know we will all miss him terribly. Monday will be a hard day.


"But the only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...