Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Look Back at 2009

Cheree Voyles Moore...

January
  • is scrubbing concrete... getting it ready to stain.
  • is home renovating... did you expect anything different?
  • my coffee cup sleeve says: YOUR NEXT "ACTION ITEM": DO AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE... if only...
  • keys got locked in the car this morning... not a good start to the day.
  • went to Spirit Square to watch the inauguration... froze my butt off waiting for the light rail.
  • "I want to break free." - Queen
  • ... weird how sad endings for some are happy endings for others... such is life.
February
  • would rather be laying in my hammock in the sunshine.
  • is tiling.
  • The nude biker in Searcy made it into the Charlotte paper.
  • we are not big celebrators... so I am curious about Daniel booking a reservation for tonight at a local (undisclosed) restaurant.
  • is wondering if we will ever finish tiling...
  • is wondering why bus stops do not have benches...
  • has a weekend and week of (finishing) tiling and grouting a bathroom, sealing a floor and lots and lots of painting ahead of me...
March
  • we have snow.
  • still no cavities at 28.
  • the inevitable happened... Daniel was laid off this morning.
  • it was kind of weird driving to work alone this morning.
  • could use some serious yoga time... need to relax my mind and body.
  • likes that the blossoms falling outside my window make it look like snow.
  • is thankful for afternoon orange breaks.
  • is excited that my bff from high school got engaged today.
  • I have this intense desire to become nomadic… sell all of my possessions, get a dog, an Airstream camper and a truck and head out to experience America. The problem is this is not a very practical thing. But it's what I feel like doing.
  • “If you educate a boy, you educate an individual, but if you educate a girl, you educate a community.” - African proverb quoted by Greg Mortenson, author of Three Cups of Tea
April
  • "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." - Thoreau
  • canigohomeyet?
  • quote of the day "See if he's kum-ba-ya with him" meaning see if they are friends....
  • job loss update: tuesday one of Daniel's friends lost his job and then today one of my friends from work was laid off. this is not a fun time.
  • leg ultra-sound went well. It looks like the clot is gone.
  • is fighting a headache and the headache is winning.
  • 5 years from now, you will be the same person, except for the books that you read and the people you meet.
May
  • five fire trucks, and many flooded streets later, I am finally home. Creek at the back of our property has flooded the lower section of our back yard... the water is almost over the fence!
  • finds it very disconcerting when people talk on cell phones in bathrooms.
  • Quote of the Day from Daniel: "I want to be a dog cheree. Sleep, get up go to greenway, run, come back, eat, sleep, get up play in yard, sleep, eat dinner, go walk, sleep all night, get up the next morning and do it again. Wait.... that's almost my day exactly.
  • Best way to end a day: Laying in a hammock with Daniel and Sophie, watching fireflies dance in the trees.
June
  • waiting for my niece, Isabella, to make her entrance.
  • Daniel just gave Sophie a bath (which she was extremely calm for) and now she is running through the house in post-bath frenzy which is evidently common to beagles. At any rate it has been cracking us up.
  • Just got the call from my mom... Isabella was born! More details to come.
  • loves technology... my brother is sending me multimedia messages with pics of my new precious neice. wish i was in memphis today.
  • Txt from brother: How do you make pico? Call from brother: Where is the DMV in Nashville? My brother thinks I am his personal onstar.
  • we celebrated Daniel passing the PE by going to eat at Bonefish Grill... now if only he could find a job.
July
  • trying not to be anxious about Daniel's lack of a job.
  • words you do not want to hear from your husband: "I just go rear-ended." Daniel is ok and says that the bike rack on our car prevented a lot of damage.
  • either the subtitles are too small or we need a bigger TV in order to watch Slum Dog Millionaire... sad.
August
  • "Wheels keep on spinning round spinning round spinning round." - CAKE
  • "Desire is the root cause of sorrow but desire is also the root cause of action. How do we counter the paralysis of action when there is no desire to motivate us?" - The Geography of Bliss
  • "Waiting is the hardest part." - Tom Petty
  • "If she was running away, and not running – arms wide – toward the world, she was running away from responsibility and pressure and obligation. And she wondered why others didn't have the sense to do the same thing. Surely, she was the sane one." - Things I Want My Daughters to Know
September
  • "He was tired of hitting the snooze button on the alarm clock of life." - The Sex Lives of Cannibals.
  • Fall where are you? I am ready for crisp days for sweaters and no more mosquitos.
  • a woman in line in front of me at wal*mart told me I had a very "pretty" and well-organized cart... does this mean I am OCD?
  • i feel like fall is teasing me.
October
  • my dog literally likes to stop and smell the flowers.
  • i think chaco season may be over... my feet are sad.
  • didn't get enough sleep... sophie woke us up. twice. turns out she was protecting us from a mouse.
November
  • our shower is finally finished! i used it this morning and it was amazing. i will post pics tonight.
  • wondering if I can get away with not cooking for the entire weekend of my birthday.
  • HATES microsoft.
  • breakfast of champions: Nutella on a graham cracker.
  • hall bathroom has been gutted and Daniel is in the process of removing the ceiling that we are replacing today.
  • is looking forward to some homemade pumpkin pie.
  • got in at 12:25 AM. coffee is my friend. enjoying time with family. getting ready to make a double chocolate pecan pie.
December
  • is going thru Izzy withdrawal and Sophie is going thru attention-from-tons-of-people 24-7 and getting-fed-scraps-from-the-table withdrawal.
  • why do people answer the phone and ask if they can put you on hold? what if i said no?
  • is making my special hot chocolate and we are putting up and decorating our Christmas tree.
  • soup out of a can has got nothing on homemade soup.
  • has been married to Daniel for 7 wonderful years.
  • got a 9-ft Christmas tree last night for half off... problem: the city of Charlotte seems to be SOLD OUT of tree stands.
  • the grass might be greener on the other side, but the other side might have a bigger bull.

Looking forward to all that 2010 holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...