Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Wanna Go Hiking


Our first day in Vermont, we were still recovering from travels, so we took it easy. After breakfast at the Farmer's Diner, we visited a local strip mall selling various items. 


First up was the Cabot Cheese Shop. They make some seriously good cheese. There was an entire table devoted to cheese samples. Daniel says that this is a called a loss leader – meaning the free goods are sacrificed in hopes that you make a purchase. The cheese was delicious, but I wasn't compelled to buy. Daniel however, after eating several spicy kinds of cheese {including jalapeno and chipotle} found himself buying a bottle of apple juice, so I guess it worked on him.


Next up was an antique shop – lots of lots of little booths with old stuff for sale. While wandering the aisles I overheard a kid impatiently say, "I want to get out of here. I want to go hiking already!" I feel the same way kid...


After leaving the antique store {not really our thing} we made a pit stop at our house where we researched local trails before finding ourselves heading for Woodstock, VT to hike Mount Tom.


Mount Tom is 1,250 feet high and offers great views of Woodstock and the valley below. The Faulkner Trail totaled 3 miles. It was a good way to end our first day in Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...