Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cloudland Canyon: West Rim Trail Revisited


About this time last year Daniel and I went out to Cloudland Canyon for a day hike. Unfortunately we were short on time and were only able to hike 2.5 miles. Today we had a bit more time and were able to complete the entire West Rim Trail – approximately 5 miles.


It was the perfect day for a hike – 60ºF and sunny. The trees are just starting to change color. This hike will offer some spectacular views in a couple of weeks when the colors really start to peak.


The first 3+ miles were along the rim with awesome views. The end of the hike was in the woods. Hiking in the woods has its own charm, providing lots of time to think. 


Being 37 weeks pregnant I am a bit slow, but we managed to complete the hike {with stops for photo ops} in about 2 hours. We can't wait to be able to take our little boy hiking with us. Even better is the fact that Daniel can carry him instead of me lugging him around in my belly.


2 comments:

  1. WOW- I can't believe you are hiking that far along! I was a lazy pregnant woman, no hiking for me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. since I have been exercising pretty consistently (yoga and cardio kickboxing) throughout my pregnancy I figured I would be fine. I was a bit stiff in my hips the day after, but it really wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...