Thursday, June 24, 2021

Weekly Hike: Blue Hole

Blue skies and puffy white clouds welcomed us for our weekly hike – the first official one of our summer break. The temperatures were finally hot enough so we hit up a local swimming hole and spent the afternoon swimming and playing. It is one of our favorite spots.    

 


It seems like snakes are being seen on the regular this year, at least it seems more often that previous years. Several people warned us about possible snakes on the trail. We did end up seeing one snake, but it was harmless. Our nature app said it was the non-venomous,semi-aquatic Queen Snake. We had all heard of a King Snake but not a Queen snake. 

This was my 39th hike for 2021 (39/52). We did about 1 mile working our way up the creek bringing me to 119 miles hiked this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...