Friday, October 11, 2013

Jack is 23 Months


I missed Jack's 22 month update. Life has been incredibly busy, but Jack has not stopped growing and changing. It is getting hard to keep up with how much he is learning on a daily basis.


Since it is only one(!) short month until he turns two I thought I would show some current pictures as compared to months ago. It is so hard to believe my little boy was ever so small!


I don't even know where to start. Jack is stringing more and more words together. New phrases include, "Oh my goodness" and "Ride Four Wheeler?" He names everything he knows whenever we are out and about. I spend a lot of time explaining differences of everyday items. Jack made the connection that all things that open must be doors. So right now we are working on differentiating between what a door and a lid is. He's a pretty smart cookie.



Jack is able to connect sounds with things that have engines. He can discern (by sound) the difference between a truck, a car, a plane, a fire truck and a motorcycle. I don't know if this is normal for his age but we are impressed parents.



Jack has been able to do stairs since he was 10 months old (scooting down backwards) now he can walk up and down without holding the wall or a rail. This makes us nervous at times, but he is really pretty careful. Yesterday we were outside on our porch and realized that we weren't sure where Jack was. We soon discovered that he had walked down our big brick steps into the back yard. We had a little chat with him about why that wasn't ok.


Since Jack doesn't have a sibling to imitate, I have caught him imitating Sophie on occasion. He actually tried to lick milk off the floor the other day after watching Sophie do it. I have also seen him sniffing rocks and the carpet. Silly boy. I think it is time for a little more human interaction.


Jack continues to be a trooper with our constant traveling. Next week Jack and I will actually be traveling to Canada for the weekend by plane. Daniel is sad that he won't be able to have this first plane experience with us. I think we will be ok since Jack is such a good traveler and loves to watch airplanes. I am praying the trip goes off without a hitch. I'm looking forward to seeing my extended family at my cousin's wedding.


My next update will be about a two-year-old! Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...