Saturday, July 18, 2015

Isaac is Three Months Old


Isaac experienced quite a few firsts during his third month of life. 
He celebrated his first Father's Day...


He went on his first trip to the Chattanooga Aquarium...


His took first road trip to Arkansas (9 hours there, 8 hours home)...


His attended his first 4th of July celebration...


And his first trip to go swimming in the lake.


Looking back, it's kind of surreal how similar Isaac is to his big brother at this same age (though he is much bigger). 

Jack at 6 months, Isaac at 2.5 months.
 
He has discovered that he can put his fist in his mouth, he is going through some excessive drooling (and chewing – maybe he has a tooth coming?), spitting up, and constant babbling – just like Jack at this same age.


Though I think Isaac actually talks more to us that Jack ever did. Especially in the evenings when he gets really chatty. I believe we have a little night owl.


On Father's Day, we had an interesting experience: Daniel was holding Isaac at the dinner table and he started getting fussy. All of a sudden it sounded like he said, "I want my mama." He said it twice. Everyone at the table was incredulous. Daniel handed Isaac to me and he immediately settled down. I don't know that he was actually saying anything, but it kind of shocked all of us.


Isaac is also getting more and more interactive. If we grin at him, he will mimic us and grin back. It is the same for talking. We like to make goofy faces at him and have little conversations. 



In addition to grinning and laughing at us, he also likes for his cheeks to be touched. For some reason this elicits really big smiles.


Isaac is still sleeping a ton. He is such a chill baby. He even sleeps in the pool whenever I take the boys swimming. Nothing like relaxing on a baby floaty, legs dangling in the water, and sleeping.


He loves to be held and doesn't seem to mind who does the holding.


At night he will sleep for 5-6 hour stretches. For me this seems to work best if I can do a midnight feeding and then sleep until 5am. For some reason waking up at 3 or 4 is exhausting (even if I do get 5 hours straight of sleep).


Isaac is one chubby boy. I know I have said it before, but he really is. I was nursing him a couple of weeks ago and his onesie popped open. I immediately retired all of his 3 month clothes.  


He is also on the verge of outgrowing the Rock-N-Play that he currently sleeps in and his car seat. We will be moving him upstairs to his crib soon and may have to consider going ahead and moving him to the next size car seat.


Isaac is currently on a two-hour cycle for eating (except at night). He seems to think he will starve to death if he doesn't eat every two hours on the dot... Obviously he is in no danger of that happening.


We are still predominantly using cloth diapers, but for disposable I am about ready to upgrade him to size 4 as the size 3 barely close and he ends up having blow outs! I'm pretty sure he is close to 20 pounds.


This little guy is still not a fan of tummy time, but can hold up his head really well while sitting. If I have him propped up on my knees he will try to pull his whole body to a sitting position. Those little abs are getting a workout!


We are loving our youngest little boy and look forward to the weeks, months and years to come.


*As with Jack, I will be posting monthly updates of Isaac on a quilt (inherited from my Grandma), next to a yellow Tonka truck (a toy from Daniel's childhood). 
Isaac at One Month  | Isaac at Two Months


A Look Back: Jack at One Month  |  Jack at Two Months  |  Jack at Three Months (We used a quilt from Daniel's family for the Jack photos, along wit the Tonka truck from Daniel's childhood).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...