Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day 2015

If you know us, you know that Daniel and I are not big celebrators. Of any holiday, really. We do relish experiences though. That, and spending time together. 


Daniel took Friday off of work so that he could spend some time with Jack. They started with a visit to Ace Hardware to pick up some hardware (Daniel) and get popcorn (Jack). Then they made their way to the Creative Discovery Museum to play with the Thomas the Train exhibit. Finally, they went to Signal Point for a picnic lunch – Jack was nice enough to share his snacks with Daniel. I hope Jack remembers the times his daddy takes to spend with him. Isaac will be ready for daddy days before we know it! 


We have started including Isaac in our bedtime routine with Jack. He really seems to enjoy it when we read books together and sing songs. He watches Jack with utter fascination and then Jack gives him a sweet hug goodnight before he gets tucked in. 


On Sunday, Daniel requested that we grill salmon for lunch. We invited his dad over to celebrate with us. I'm thankful that Jack and Isaac are getting to know both of their grandpas. 


While I didn't get to see my own dad on this Fathers' Day, I did Skype with him. 


I am blessed to have a dad who has always been a part of my life. I enjoy our weekly Skype chats and look forward to the visits we have throughout the year. 


My parents are where my sense of adventure comes from, especially from my dad. Hopefully I will pass along that same adventurous desire to my boys.



Happy Father's Day! I'm grateful to have such wonderful men in my life to look up to and learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...