Sunday, May 11, 2008

Graduation, Tornado Threats and Mother's Day

This weekend I was able to fly home for the weekend to celebrate Mark's graduation from Harding University and to be with my family for mother's day. It was a special treat for me and I was pretty thankful to see everyone since I had not been home since Thanksgiving.

Graduation went really well - the biggest highlight (besides seeing my little brother walk across the stage) was at the end, when a graduating student got up and said he had an announcement and then proceeded to propose to another graduating student. It was pretty sweet - not everyday that you see that happen.


Saturday evening, Angela and Mark and I went to WalMart to pick up some last minute things for Mother's Day - unfortunately while we were in WM, tornado warnings started going off. They locked the front doors to the store and herded us all to the back. Of course this was the last place I wanted to be during a possible tornado. We sat on the floor and waited for 20 minutes for the storm to die down.


You could hear the (supposedly 100 mph) wind howling outside and all I could think about was how exposed the inside of WM is and how if the tornado hit the store we would all be impaled by the clothing racks.


Angela found my train of though comical and laughed at me and said that since she was a nurse, she new how to stop bleeding quickly. She was more worried about how many prego women were walking around and hoping that none of them went into labor...


This morning, we all got up early and cooked Mom breakfast for mother's day. The funniest part being when Mom was reading her cards and Mark wrote in his card that he loved her like "a fat kid loves chocolate cake."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...