Sunday, November 16, 2008

Renaissance Festival

Daniel and I standing in front of the entrance to the festival.
 
Daniel and I spent part of today at the Renaissance Festival in Concord. It was an interesting an experience with lots of interesting people dressed up like characters from medieval times. We watched a (somewhat vulgar) show that depicted a skewed version of the story of Little Red Riding Hood. We saw knights joust. We wandered through the medieval "town" where you could buy anything from turkey legs to eat to rent Renaissance outfits to wear. We saw elephants and camels that you could ride and we meandered through a petting zoo - made Daniel feel right at home. Overall it was interesting, but not necessarily something we would do again (especially at $17 a ticket).
 
Kristin, Benjy and Daniel watching Little Red Riding Hood.
 
Jousting
 
Daniel petting sheep.
 
More sheep
 
This was a petting zoo with a sign that said "Do not pet the geese - they bite."
 
Yak (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...