Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fish Out of Water

Tonight Daniel and I did our Christmas shopping, or at least part of it. This year for Christmas we are being very minimal with the gift giving... Daniel and I never exchange gifts and since we will be with my family this year, we have all agreed to draw names and only buy for one person with a limit on the spending.

However tonight we were not buying any such gifts. We were actually shopping for two single moms who we chose to buy presents for. Our small group from church decided to give in a way that would be more meaningful to families who might not be able to afford a Christmas of their own. So with that in mind, we headed out to buy gifts.


It is a different feeling to be shopping for people that you don't know. I think there is more of a true feeling of Christmas when you are shopping for a stranger who has less than you do.


The reason for the title of this post has to do with how we felt shopping in the baby section. If you know us, you know that we tend to be somewhat awkward around little ones - this extends itself to shopping for babies. As Daniel said,
he felt like he was shopping for tampons... Anyways we got over our awkwardness and found some cute outfits, sleepers and toys to pass along to these single mothers who we may never meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...