Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bon Bons

I don't really remember when my family started the tradition of making Bon Bons at Christmas. This is the only time of year that I make (or eat) these sugary concoctions. I think that my mom and sister may make them more often, but I know that Christmas is the time of year that we all make them. They are such a family favorite that both my sister and I served them at our wedding receptions.

I made half a recipe for a cookie exchange that Daniel and I went to tonight. They were a big hit so I thought I would share the recipe. It's an easy recipe but it takes a little bit of time to dip all of the balls in the melted chocolate. This can be fun for kid's to do - I remember how fun it was to roll out the individual balls in my hands and use spoons to drop and retrieve the balls from the chocolate.


My sister was a lifesaver for emailing me the recipe last night as well as telling me the ingredients over the phone while I wondered through the grocery store.


Happy making!


Voyles' Family Bon Bons

Melt
1 cup butter

Add

4 cups powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs ( 2 pkgs equals over 3 cups)
1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
3 cups coconut
I find it easiest to mix the ingredients with your hands... good activity for kids.

Shape into 1" balls

Place on wax paper
Melt chocolate almond bark
Dip bon bons in the chocolate
Dry thoroughly on wax paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...