Saturday, January 17, 2009

Goals For The New Year (late)

Along with my year-end newsletter, I am also late in posting my goals for the new year. I am not one to write New Year's "resolutions" because I think people tend to set impossible resolutions for themselves. However, I do think it is important to set reachable goals and to write them down. I figure that Facebook is as a good of a place as any to record these goals because it will lead to some amount of accountability.

So... here are my goals (and the status of these goals) for 2009.
  1. Continue to pay off debt. Overall goal to be completely debt free in 5 years. 2009 Goal to be free of all debt (beside mortgage and school loans) by end of March.
  2. Get cholesterol in check. This means eating better and exercising. Not doing so good on this one. Work has been crazy and has not lent itself to these things so far this year.
  3. Finish the house renovation. We are continuing to make progress, though cold weather has slowed us somewhat.
  4. Spend more time doing things I love. I have slowly incorporated more time for reading into my life. I hope to have more time to go backpacking and mountain biking.
  5. So there you have it... my top goals for the 2009 year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...