Saturday, January 17, 2009

Keys Locked In Car

Yes, I know we just had an incident where we accidently locked ourselves OUT of the house. Thankfully it wasn't awfully cold that day and it was a somewhat easy fix. You would have thought we had learned our lesson and had extra keys for everything put in different places. Well, you would be wrong.

Since it has been so cold this week, Daniel has been really sweet and gone outside to start the car before we leave. Yesterday, after doing this, he shut the car door too soon after starting the ignition and the doors automatically locked with the keys inside.


It is a good thing we had not locked the house yet and didn't have to sit outside freezing while we figured out what to do... Daniel had me call AAA while he tried to figure a way to get into the car. He really thought we had a spare key somewhere, but was unable to find it. AAA had a high call volume, so I was on hold while Daniel searched the house.


Some time last year, Daniel installed a clicker for our car and he was pretty sure we had a spare one somewhere. He found the spare and went outside to try to unlock the doors. Evidently it was not the right clicker since it would not unlock the doors immediately. However, after pushing multiple buttons, all of a sudden the car unlocked itself and the car alarm went off.


I was still on hold at this point, so we didn't have to use AAA after all. This is the second time we have been able to "break" into our house/car... amazing how simple both of these experiences were... it seems like this stuff should be harder.


On a side note: We now have multiple copies of house and car keys and they are all in different places in case we lock ourselves our of our house or car...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...