Friday, March 20, 2009

Debt Free

I came home from work and asked Daniel what he wanted to do tonight. He just gave me a hug and said that we were going out. I was kind of surprised since we had agreed to limit eating out while he is unemployed. No questions asked, I got in the car and let him take me out for the evening.

On the way to dinner, I asked what special occasion would warrant us spending extra money. He just smiled and handed me a card. I opened it up and he had written me a sweet note, complete with a hand-drawn graph showing how as of today we have paid off debt (after 15.5 months of scrimping).


Technically "Debt Free" is a bit of a misnomer as we still have our mortgage and student loans to pay off. But as of today, we are completely free of credit card debt for the first time since we have been married (which includes everything we spent on all of our renovation projects over the past 3 years).


I have to admit, it feels pretty good to know that we don't have that debt hanging over our heads, especially with the current state of the economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...