Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Book 2: Catching Fire


My second book for the year was Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, part II of The Hunger Games trilogy. In Catching Fire we learn that Katniss and Peeta have become symbols of rebellion against The Capitol and President Snow is bound and determined to make them pay for this rebellion.

Catching Fire was very fascinating though it didn't quite hold the same intrigue for me as The Hunger Games did. I think this is because I found the storyline in The Hunger Games to be very unexpected and I found myself anticipating much of what happened in Catching Fire. That being said, Catching Fire is still a great book and I am looking forward to reading Mockingjay and finding out how the series ends.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your evaluation of the book. It was a little more predictable, but I couldn't help but be drawn to the characters. I needed to know what happened next and how it all turned out. Good luck with Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the First book and i am reading the second book and so far i absoulutly love it not got to read the third own really want to and cant wait to read it....

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...