Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day, 2017


We had a very low-key Memorial Day weekend this year. No parties to attend. Rainy weather. Just the four of us.



So what do we do between the rain?


We decided to ride our bikes to Althaus Park. There are several hills on the way there, but Jack handled the ride really well.



Once we got to the park, we tested our abilities of riding over obstacles on the tennis court (a make-shift skate park of sorts, complete with homemade ramps). Jack is getting braver and braver with each visit.



After a snack, the kids went and played on the playground... and then the rain started. We attempted to wait out the rain under the pavilion, but eventually gave in and rode home in the rain.



We were all soaked by the time we got home, especially Isaac who was riding behind in the chariot. It was a wet day, but a fun family outing nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...