Monday, January 01, 2018

New Years Day 2018 Recap


We normally try to do a First Hike of the Year, but we had too much going on to make that happen this year (we did get a last hike of 2017 though, so we aren't feeling too bad about the missed hike).



Instead the kids had fun playing with new toys, including Magic Tracks from their Nana.


We drove across town to have lunch with Grandpa and Abuela.


Then we came home and sold our crib, so that chapter seems to be officially closing in our lives. I am feeling nostalgic and not quite sure how I feel, even though we haven’t used it since the summer. 😭



The rest of the afternoon was devoted to hauling and stacking firewood to be ready for any cold spells that might happen in the near future. After all our hard work, we finished up the day with hot chocolate.


All in all it was a busy and full first day of our new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...