Monday, January 01, 2018

Top 10 in 2017


For the first time in forever, we actually sent out Christmas cards! However, it was just a photo card, no traditional Top 10 Recap. So for now, the blog is going to be that space for us. We hope you had a great 2017 and wish you a wonderful 2018!


Every year has its share of ups and downs, and 2017 was no different. I’m thankful for all of the adventures that we made time for, and all of the people that were a part of this year with us. We are looking forward to what 2018 has in store. #2017bestnine #mohaus2017




Here is a look back at 2017 and our Top 10 Experiences

1) We took our first trip to Saint Augustine, Florida to visit Daniel's dad and his wife. We had a lovely time at the beach. It was really too cold to swim, but that didn't bother Jack. We enjoyed visiting the oldest city in America, seeing local historic sites, and trying some great restaurants.


2) I took my first ever Girl's Trip: I went with one of my oldest friends to the Cayman Islands (we have been friends for 25 years!). Daniel had several work trips, including one to Colorado. While it was for work, he was able to enjoy day trips with a co-worker to hike in the Rockies.


3) The kids and I enjoyed several trips to visit family, one to Florida to see their cousins for spring break, and another trip to Arkansas to spend a week at the lake with my family. Unfortunately Daniel couldn't join us for either of these trips.


4) We had our first experience with stitches, when Jack fell and busted his chin on the playground. Jack was a trooper and did really well with the unfortunate experience. We were also introduced to the Stitches Fairy by our pediatrician. 


5) Jack and Daniel went on their first mountain biking excursion, biking 10 miles to Edward's Point with friends. And then we biked 21 miles on the Virginia Creeper as a family to kick off our summer. Daniel and I are thrilled that the kids seem to be embracing our favorite hobbies, even at a young age.


6) We went to Canada for our family vacation again. This meant we were able to attend my family reunion for the second year in a row. We had a wonderful week at the same cottage we rented last year and enjoyed paddling and biking daily. Jack impressed us by proving he could handle his own kayak.


7) In 2017, I saw my workload drop off drastically. Looking back, I believe this was God telling me I needed to slow down and focus on the kids and our plans to homeschool for the 2017-2018 school year. It wasn't how I wanted things to go, but I couldn't really do anything about this shift in any of my clients needs for the year. Meanwhile, Daniel had a really good year working in Dam Safety at TVA. The hours can still long at times, but not nearly as bad as when he worked in Nuclear at Watts Bar.


8) Jack wrapped up his time at preschool last spring, and then we started homeschooling him in the fall for kindergarten. While Jack has been home with me, Isaac started attending preschool two days a week. We have all adjusted to the new schedule and it really seems to fit our family and lifestyle.


9) We purchased a second dirt bike this year, and Daniel convinced me to ride with him in Prentice Cooper. I'm not sure that our family needs more hobbies, but it was fun to spend that time together in the woods. 


10) We celebrated our 15th anniversary in December. We spent the weekend as a family in the North Georgia mountains. I had hoped to take a big trip, just the two of us. But that doesn't seem to be in the cards for us for now. We still enjoyed a weekend away as a family spending time doing some of the things we love the most.


Our Top 10 is just a snippet of our year, we were actually quite buys and able to do a lot of adventures together as a family. We are looking forward to all that 2018 has to offer for our family. Hopefully we will be continuing the hobbies we love and maybe trying some new things along the way. We wish you health and happiness in the coming year with all the blessings that are to come! 

Top 10 List from Years Past: 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | We skipped 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...