Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Be Kind, Rewind

Besides wanting to just "be" in 2019, another mantra I have going on is: Be kind, rewind. 


I started saying this to the kids recently because I am silly I and I repeat all kinds of jingles, sayings, and songs from the 90s out of context to my kids. They just think I'm weird.

And while they will never know the joy of having to rewind a VCR tape before returning it to Blockbuster, I think the gist of this saying is a good one to remember. Be kind to everyone. And if you aren't feeling kind or gracious, you can pause and go back to where you were before you started being mean and I try again.


So, in this new year I am going to practice being kind and continuing to encourage my kids to be kind. And if we have a bad moment (or day), we can pause and start over. Be kind, rewind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...