Friday, May 28, 2021

School’s Out For Summer

Third Grade and Kindergarten are in the books for Jack and Isaac. This was our fourth year homeschooling and first year with both boys learning side by side. It was an excellent year with a focus on American History and lots of hikes with friends. 

Jack and Isaac have grown so much this year. I love that I get a front row seat for their education. Home education is not without its struggles but the freedom and flexibility are worth it. 


We completed 36 hikes with friends this school year, finished our second year of Classical Conversations, and took a 7,000+ mile road trip to see a good chunk of the United States including 9 National Parks and Monuments. We read hundreds of living books covering all manner of topics. We did experiments, baked delicious things, and learned poems together. 


The school year ended with a tonsillectomy for Jack, but even that didn’t stop us from getting in the last of our curriculum for the year. The last 15 months have had a lot of abnormal elements due to the pandemic, but we made the most of it. We met with friends every Monday afternoon at parks all over the area. We hiked every Wednesday. We found new normals and good within the abnormal. Here’s to a fun summer ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...