Thursday, January 22, 2009

25 Things

I was recently tagged so here goes... 25 random things about me.
(I am posting, but not tagging.)
  1. I am an avid reader and currently have a list of 98 books that I want to read.
  2. I believe that cooking with olive oil and garlic make just about any dish better.
  3. I have nightmares of doing karaoke by myself in front of a crowd of strangers.
  4. The show Super Nanny makes me afraid to have kids.
  5. I am too cheap to buy books. I like to go to Barnes & Noble and peruse best selling books and then go and get them from the library.
  6. One of my dreams that will probably never happen, or at least not until I retire, is to through hike the Appalachian Trail or some other really long trail.
  7. I don't buy junk food to keep in my house.
  8. At the beginning of each week, I faithfully make a weekly meal plan and go grocery shopping...
  9. I will not buy anything at the grocery store that is not on my shopping list.
  10. I love to sit around a fire with friends - whether in front of my own fireplace or a campfire outdoors.
  11. If I could spend a majority of my life outside, I would.
  12. I have been without cable television for a couple of years and I don't miss it one bit.
  13. Daniel and I have been a one-car family for an entire year.
    This has been the hardest on Daniel, but he is a good sport.
  14. I really like North Carolina, but I hate being so far away from my family.
  15. I didn't get a cell phone until I moved to Charlotte, NC (4 years ago)...
  16. Now I don't have a home phone.
  17. Some days I really want to get a dog.
    Then I think about all of the time I would have to spend with a dog and I just can't commit.
  18. I have never owned a car that was less than 8 years old.
  19. Sometime it annoys me that being a "grown up" feels like a never ending chore... work 40 hours a week... cook... clean... pay bills... renovate. But then I go do something I love and forget about the chore part of being grown up.
  20. Someday I want to have a home in the mountains that is made predominantly of glass and wood.
  21. I have a monthly clothing budget... and it is not very much...
    I am paying off debt.
  22. Thanks to Daniel, I know more about tools than most men.
  23. I love spending time with my family - they make me laugh.
  24. I like awkward TV shows like Ugly Betty and Scrubs.
  25. Whenever I take personality tests, I always score a weird combination of outgoing and shy.

1 comment:

  1. I can't think the last time I bought a book. Not because I'm cheap, but because I'm broke. I LOVE the library.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...