Wednesday, December 29, 2010

52 Books in 52 Weeks: Book 51


Since it is Christmas time, I thought The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis would be a fitting book to read. The Chronicles of Narnia are among my all-time favorite series of books. I don't generally like fantastical books {i.e. I am not a Harry Potter or Twilight fan} but I love the fiction that C.S. Lewis and R.R. Tolkien wrote.

Anyways, even though I have read TLTWTW before, it was worth another read. If you have never read The Chronicles of Narnia {the entire set}, I would highly recommend it.

Excerpts from the book:
"...a charge of lying against someone whom you have always found truthful is a very serious thing; a very serious thing indeed." – the Professor

"Why don't they teach logic at these schools? There are only three possibilities. Either your sister is telling lies, or she is mad, or she is telling the truth. You know she doesn't tell lies and it is obvious that she isn't mad. For the moment then and unless any further evidence turns up, we must assume that she is telling the truth." – the Professor

"Though the Witch knew the Deep Magic, there is a magic deeper still which she did not know. Her knowledge goes back only to the dawn of time. But if she could have looked a little further back, into the stillness and darkness before Time dawned, she would have known that when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backward..." – Aslan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...