Saturday, October 29, 2011

52 Books: Book 45


Earlier this week I wrapped up The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman. The writing style of this book reminded me of the movie Valentine's Day. Each chapter follows various characters who work for an Italian newspaper. Each character's story is short and somewhat incomplete. Some of the characters show up in each other's plots, but mostly the stories are about the individuals who make up the paper. 

I am not a fan of this style of writing. It comes across as choppy and incomplete. I felt like I never really got to know any of the characters. At the very end, condensed into one short chapter, we learn what happens to each character. For me, it just wasn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...