Friday, January 06, 2012

New Years Update

I just realized that I never posted about our New Years.

The day before New Year's Eve, Daniel's college roommate and his family came to see us. They have a one-year-old little boy who is adorable. It was great to catch up with our old friends – staying up way too late and eating really rich chocolate mousse cheesecake while we visited.

Recipe from Blue-Eyed Bakers

New Year's Eve we went for a walk at a local park and visited Unclaimed Baggage – our guests always seem to want to make a stop here. After lunch they headed home.


It has been a long time since Daniel and I did anything extra special for New Year's Eve. This year we took Jack to Cracker Barrel. We have actually taken him to quite a few restaurants in his short life and normally he sleeps through the meal. Not this time. He got a little fussy and we discovered that he just wanted to sit in Daniel's lap so that he could watch us eat. We received really great service from our waitress... I think she just made extra stops at our table to that she could talk to Jack. When we got home we stayed up to watch the ball drop.


New Year's Day was gorgeous. We ate breakfast on our back porch and then took Jack out for his first ride on a four wheeler.


The day after New Years Jack and I headed to Nashville to spend some time with my family, including some of my extended family who had driven down from Canada and my parents. Jack is turning into quite the traveler – we had a three week span where we either had guests at our house or we were traveling to see family almost EVERY DAY.

We hope you had fun ringing in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...