Friday, February 09, 2007

Driving Home

Today I was driving home from a meeting and there was a piece of wood with nails in it in the middle of my lane. I inched over so that I was in 1.25 lanes to avoid the nails. When I was right next to the wood and nails I had to stop for a red light.

There was a guy driving a pickup behind me that hopped out and threw the board into the grassy medium while the light was red. That was very considerate of him to do. I would never have thought of getting out of my car to move a board. I am not sure what that says about me but that was extremely nice of this stranger. He helped to prevent a lot of other strangers from getting holes in their tires from running over a board with nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...