Friday, April 27, 2007

My Top 10 List of Magazines

Here is a Top 10 List of Magazines I love:
10) Real Simple - This magazine provides handy tips for organizing your life. It also offers design and organization ideas for the home.

9) National Geographic ADVENTURE - I dream of far off places, exotic destinations and future trips that I hope to one day embark on.

8) Kraft Food & Family - I am easily bored, and new recipes at my fingertips 4 times a year with beautiful pictures are just what the doctor ordered for me.

7) Creativity - An inspiring magazine about what the design community is up to.

6) PRINT - One of several design magazines I make a regular effort to read.

5) ID (International Design) - I love to see design in products. The newest and freshest designs from around the world always amaze me.

4) HOW - This magazine always has wonderful articles about the graphic design profession. It offers a personal perspective from people who have been there and done that.

3) WIRED - I suppose that I am a geek at heart. I love this magazine and the crazy stories they share. Where else can you learn about someone who came up with the idea to create a machine to cut down submerged trees (at a depth of more than 60 feet) in order to harvest the wood. When his idea was turned down by his company he quit his job and started his own company. (Reservoir Logs, February Issue, 2007)

2) Communication Arts - Their design annuals are fabulous, I dream about one day gracing their pages with a stellar project.

1) Backpacker - This magazine gets the number one spot for a couple of reasons: A) I LOVE to backpack and spend as much time outside as possible. If I can't be outside all of the time, at least I can read about other people's adventures. B) The great photos and simple layout is fresh and clean. This magazine is easy to navigate and shares good information about a topic I love.
What are your favorite magazines?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...