Sunday, April 13, 2008

Alternative Continuing Education

Since Daniel and I have been married, there have been several occasions in which we have chosen to take classes together for fun that involve learning new things. Here is a list of the classes we have done together:

This weekend we took a Handgun Safety Course.


About a year ago, we took a Tiling Class - this has come in very handy for various renovations around our house.


About 3 years ago, we were able to get our SCUBA certification in Madang, Papua New Guinea. This was lots of fun and I overcame a fear of "breathing" under water.


Four years ago was an outdoor rock climbing course at Fall Creek Falls State Park. This was a blast. We already were in the habit of taken friends and family rappelling... maybe some day we will add top roping...


Prior to that was a Motorcycle Safety Course (Daniel took this one before me and then we decided I should take it so that I could operate our motorcycle if I needed). This allowed me to get my motor cycle license.


All of these experiences have been very enjoyable and have added to our personal hobbies as well as allowing us to experience new things together. We are considering making an effort to learn one new thing each year as a couple. Any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...