Friday, April 25, 2008

Why we are not backpacking this weekend.

I don't know what it is, but there are times that Daniel and I seem to have terrible luck. This weekend is one of those times.

In the past year, there have been several occasions when we have tried to make plans to go backpacking with some of our friends and for various reasons, the trips have not worked out for us.


The first time we were going to go, Daniel cut his leg open with a chainsaw.


The second time we tried to go, Daniel cut his thumb on a table saw.


Tonight, the reason we are not going backpacking (thankfully has nothing to do with flesh wounds), but as we were leaving downtown, our car overheated. We then realized there was a crack in the top of the radiator and it was half empty - we finally were able to pour some water into it after waiting for close to an hour for the car to cool down.


So now, instead of enjoying awesome weather and backpacking (which we have not been able to do in well over a year), we are at home and Daniel is in the garage replacing a radiator. Not exactly the way we wanted to spend our weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...