Saturday, June 28, 2008

Daniel's Little Sister Gets Married

On Friday we drove to the Nashville area via Chattanooga (we were dropping off a car for a friend). This made our drive longer, but it was much prettier driving along the Nantahala and Ocoee Rivers on the way.

We made it to Woodbury, TN just in time for the rehearsal and then we all drove back to Murfreesboro for the rehearsal dinner. We spent the night at Daniel's Grandmother's on Friday night. She was up early on Saturday to finish prepping food for the wedding. We enjoyed breakfast with her, before we all got ourselves ready and headed for Woodbury.


The wedding was small, but very pretty. The best part was filling their car with balloons and decorating the windows.


I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
I'll kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

I'll need you
I'll feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you

This song from the
Wedding Singer was the song that Emily and Josh walked out to after saying their "I do's." It is a sweet song - maybe one of my favorites.

After the wedding, we headed back to Murfreesboro to have dinner with our friends, Matt and Melissa, who we have not seen in about a year. Matt and Melissa have been renovating their home, so we had a lot of stories to share. We stayed up until midnight catching up on life.


Afterwards we headed to Daniel's Grandma's house to spend the night. Early this morning, Daniel's Dad woke us up so we could have breakfast with them before we hit the road. We actually were so tired that we went back to bed when they left for church.


Anyways, we are home now. It was nice to get to see so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...