2) And did I mention both Daniel and I got sick. Simultaneously? What are you to do when the parents just want/need to lay in bed? Wash your hands a lot and pray the kids don't get sick.
3) We are also praying for rain. Daily. It doesn't look good.
4) Speaking of praying. We are continue to pray daily for our country. Power will change hands at the beginning of the coming year, and a lot of people are upset. I don't know what the future holds, but I am thankful to live in a place where the transition of power is a peaceful one (even if there is a lot of grumbling and complaining about it).
5) In our house we have a newly-turned 5-year-old and a toddler. This means that I deal with tantrums on a daily. Such is the plight of parenting young children. Jack often cries crocodile tears and tells me that "He is so sad" whenever I dole out a consequence. We talk a lot about how it is ok to be sad, but that it is not ok to behave in a manner that is disruptive to others. We also discuss being kind to everyone and treating each other with respect. This election year, in particular, feels like there are those who might have missed out on this type of lesson...
5) Not to change the subject, but have you seen the BidenObama Instagram account and memes? It gives me a good chuckle on a daily basis. I don't care who you are, or what your political leanings are, these memes are hilarious.
Peace out, I will be sharing more about Jack's birthday in the coming days.