Monday, August 20, 2018

Mohaus Schoolhouse Weeks 1-2



Our homeschool has been back in session for the last week and a half.


We kicked off our first day of school with donuts and then today we shared donuts with friends in celebration of our first full week of school completed.


Each week we try to end with a Friend Friday, this week was fountains at Coolidge Park, last week was an afternoon of jumping at Red Bank Bounce.


We are still getting into the swing of things. Transitioning from summer has been a bit challenging, but days like today where we had uncrowded fountains helped. 


We are starting by finishing our Year One of the Ambleside Online curriculum that we began last January. I also didn’t get our math ordered until a couple of days ago so we are reviewing and finishing up last years lesson. We began The Good and The Beautiful Language Arts program and I think it will be a good fit for us.

 

Our read aloud to kick off this school year is Ollie’s Odyssey by William Joyce (who happens to be one of my favorite YA/children’s authors). We are all really enjoying this book and I would highly recommend it as a family read aloud. Another book I am loving is the Burgess Bird Book For Children by Thornton Burgess.


Jack has become obsessed with LEGOs and Kinex and is building an entire LEGO city in his free time.


Our family is preparing for a big trip out west in September, so Daniel has been taking Fridays off to do maintenance on our new-to-us tow vehicle and camper. Unfortunately there have been more things to fix than we had anticipated. We will all be glad when everything is ready and we are able to hit the road.


What Our Homeschool Looked Like in August:
Week 1-2 (Aug. 8-18)
Week 3 (Aug. 19-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...