Friday, January 01, 2010

Word for the Year: Fortitude

I was reading the blog, Bloom, and came across a post contributed by MySparkle regarding New Year's resolutions. Instead of picking specific things to accomplish in the coming year, she focuses on choosing a single word that represents an overall theme for the coming year. 

I love the idea of purposely choosing a word to set the tone for the year.

As I look at 2010 I know that we are on the brink of some major life changes. A new job. A new city. New (and old) friends. There is a lot to think about and to plan for in the coming weeks and months. But we are ready to embrace these changes. 

Fortitude: Strength of mind that allows one to endure pain or adversity with courage. 

I believe this sums up how I feel about the changes to come. We will embrace strength of mind and face the changes to come with courage.

It is exciting, but also scary to move to a new place. To start over. We have no idea what is in store. We don't know if I will still have a job. We don't know where we will live. There are so many unknowns. But we will face them all with fortitude.

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Cheree. I didn't know you guys were moving. Where to? What of the house you've been working on all this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel got a job in Chattanooga. He actually left yesterday and started today. He is staying with friends for now.

    We are planning on selling the house - it is hard since we have put our hearts into it, but after a year of unemployment for Daniel, it is time to move on.

    I haven't said anything on Facebook yet because we are waiting to see what happens with the house before I quit my job... we are hoping to put the house on the market this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...