Friday, January 20, 2012

The Best Gift

When Daniel and I were visiting family in Arkansas last week, my parents gave us a couple of Christmas gifts for Jack. One was My First Read and Learn Bible. It is a board book and tells Bible stories in really simplified terms with beautiful pictures. Perfect for a little one.

The other gift, though for Jack, was a great surprise to me. It was The Christian Mother Goose Treasury book that my dad had given to me on my first Christmas. This is one of the best gifts I have ever received. I remember reading this book as a child and had forgotten about it. I love that we get to pass it on to Jack now.



My parents also gave me my baby book. It was such fun to read through it and reminisce with my parents. Much of what my mom had written about me could apply directly to Jack...
The minute Cheree was born, she was very alert and looking all around.

Cheree nurses very eagerly and seems to enjoy it a lot. For the first 2 months she slept quite well and didn't usually wake up crying... She doesn't cry much at all – only if she's hungry or tired. Cheree is the best little girl – am I prejudiced?

Cheree smiled regularly at about 2 months old, at just about anyone who smiled at her. She tried very hard, right from birth, to look all around her She banged her head against my shoulder, trying to hold her head up.

Naps are from 5 mins to 6 hrs! Just whenever. She plays quietly by herself when she's awake. 

Cheree usually would only nurse about 10 min at a time... Cheree has no schedule but generally every 3 hrs.

At about 2 months she began "talking" away by herself. She responds well when we talk to her. She lifts her chin and tries to talk back. She's very curious and tries to see what's going on...

Tries to sing also at 2 months... Responds well to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...