Monday, January 07, 2013

First Haircut


Over Christmas break, Jack hit a big milestone: We had his hair cut for the first time. 


For the last several months we had been feeling like we needed to take Jack to the barber. We were even tempted to give his bangs a trim at home, but weren't confident in our abilities.


December was so crazy that we couldn't seem to find a moment to take him to the barber. But while visiting my parents during Christmas, Daniel decided that enough was enough and he found a barber shop in Searcy with good reviews online.


Jack is such a laid back kid that we weren't overly concerned about the experience. But I was glad that there was a little boy getting his hair cut when we walked in the doors. Jack was able to observe before we stuck him in the barber chair.


He did so well. Mostly he was curious about what the barber was doing to him. He kept trying to swivel his head around to see what was going on.


Toward the beginning he did get a little frustrated at having a cape draped around him, but getting to hold on to some race cars cured him of his frustration.


Bruce at Race Cuts did an excellent job with our son. We are so glad this was a good experience for all of us.


No more ladies in the grocery store telling us they love our "daughter's" curls!


I kind of miss the curls though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...