Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Weekend

Saturday, Daniel's manager came over so that Daniel could do some work on his Jeep and to help us install some baseboard.

We managed to get the office knocked out, but he left us with more ideas and projects to complete. So now we still have a long list of items to finish in the house.


I mowed the lawn while the guys worked. Our grass is extremely crunchy and we are in some desperate need of rain - we are officially in drought because we haven't had rainfall in 15 days!


Sunday morning, we went to the Original Pancake House for brunch and then home to work. I was outside painting baseboard and listening to the sounds of summer: kids yelling and splashing in sprinklers, dogs barking, lawn mowers cutting, when our neighbor popped out from his fence and invited us over to their lunch cookout.


I didn't want to be un-neighborly, so Daniel and I stopped working at 1 to join the neighbors and their extended family for their Memorial Day cookout. This family is from NY and they fed us White Hots (big, white hot dogs) and educated us as to what a "Garbage Plate" is.


After a couple of hours, we excused ourselves in an attempt to get some work done on the house. We had to stop again at 5 to get to Life Group. I took dessert and my friends wanted to know if it was home made. I said, "No" because I had purchased the angel food cake from the store and then worked my magic on it. They laughed at me and said that if I did not buy it pre-made then it was home made. I conceded that it was semi-home made and only took me 10 minutes.


Sunday night we came home and finished cutting the floor out of the closet so that we can frame out the closet.


Monday we worked on the framing and also caulked the baseboards in the office. We had to stop around noon to head to a cookout with some people from Daniel's work. You never know how a get together will turn out when you don't know anyone, but this turned out to be a lot of fun. Afterwards we headed home to finish some of our house projects before the weekend was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...