Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Non Profit Organizations

I feel that I am on the brink of seriously broadening my horizons. Several weeks ago I sent out marketing piece advertising my services specifically to non-profit organizations. I feel that non-profit organizations are lacking in good design, so I am starting a journey of offering my services as a designer at a discounted rate.

Yesterday I had my first official meeting with the Latin American Coalition. They desparately need their website redesigned. As we talked and they showed me what they were about, I realized that there is so much that I do not know. It is so easy to form on-the-spot opinions based on the news and what others say.


Today I had another meeting with a friend who is also trying to help a non profit called, 2nd To None. We are hoping to collaborate our services to help this organization.


I am also volunteering for a committee at church where we are communicating the importance of helping people. The first big project is a food drive. In Charlotte, NC it is very easy to forget that our city is full of poverty and hunger.


My eyes are being opened with each new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...