Tuesday, July 08, 2008

It's Raining!

I am so excited about the rain. Rain is one of my favorite things and we have had way too little of it over the past year and a half. This rain was an all-out, hit save repeatedly on your computer, kind of thunderstorm. I love hearing a hard rain pound on the roof at work, interspersed with loud claps of thunder. If it had not been lightening so much when I left work, I might have taken my time getting to the car and enjoyed the soaking downpour... I will have to save that for another time.

This past weekend, we had a really good visit to Arkansas. The drive makes it hard - 12+ hours in a car is not the most pleasant experience. The only thing that could have made the trip better would have been for Mark to be there.


While there, we did an early celebration of my dad's 60th birthday. Angela and I also took the opportunity to take mom out for pedicures as a belated birthday present to her. It was nice just visiting and hanging out. Of course we also managed to play some scrabble and dominoes - Robert and Daniel were good sports in playing with the family (at least we didn't make them play pinochle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word for the Year: Reframe

For fifteen years now, I have been starting my year with intention. Last year I hoped to find contentment in my life, and I believe I did. T...